Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Storage & Handling of Inflammable
0 Purpose : To provide a documented guideline for Storage & Handling of
2.0 Objective : To use for Storage & Handling of Inflammable.
3.0 Scope : Stores of -----Pharmaceutical Ltd,
4.0 Responsibility :
· Follow up : Officer – Stores
· Over all responsibility : Q.A. Incharge, Store Incharge
5.0 Procedure :
· Storage area of such inflammable solvents should be away from main building of Plant &
Warehouse with lock & Key arrangement. There should be restricted entry in this area.
· Inflammable solvents store should be well ventilated. The area must be equipped with
Latest & approve ate fire extinguisher system.
· Ensure that the earthing system provide in the inflammable solvents stores is proper and
each & every drum and pump is covered by earthing connection.
· Unload the material by Deduction of drums & checking for weight take the drums to Inflammable solvent storage area.
· While unloading of inflammable solvent ensure that there is leakage & damage in drums.
· While unloading or during storage, if leakage of damage observed, shift the solvent in
other empty drum with help of pneunimetric pressure pump. Empty drum must have been
used previously for the same solvent. Ensure that earthinh connecting has been attached to
the leak drum.
· While issue use FIFO system.
· Use protective equipments i.e. rubber gloves, spectacle, Transparent facemask etc.
· While opening the lid, unscrew it slowly so as to let the air / vapor’s pass out.
· Ensure earthing connection to the pump. Put SS Pneumetric pump inside of the
drum. Switch on air pressure. Start pneumatric pump. Dispense the required quantity of
solvent in 25 liter GI Drums. Close the knob of pressurized air.
· Put the lid on drum. Close it tightly. Mark the drum as “LOOSE” for identifiction.
· Switch off lights. Lock the Inflammable solvent storage room.
· Put the filled 25 liter drums in a carrier trolley & carry to air lock of coating area in
properly closed condition.