Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Handling Expired Raw Material.
1.0 Purpose : To provide a documented procedure to handle raw material whose
validity is expired (shelf life if over )
2.0 Objective : To provide a documented guide how to handle raw material whose
Validity is expired i.e. shelf life is over.
3.0 Scope : Stores department ---Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
4.0 Responsibility :
· Follow up : Officer - Stores
· Over all responsibility : Store Incharge.
5.0 Procedure :
· Stores shall generate the list of raw materials from the Inward whose shelf life is
expiring after One months.
· Stores shall forward this list to Q.A, General Manager and H.O.
· If the material is not used during this six months and its validity expires, shift the
material to Rejected area.
· Raise a material destruction note as per sop for destruction.
· Once destruction is approved by QA, stores shall carry out destruction of raw materialas per SOP for destruction.