Monday, December 6, 2010
Cleaning of HDPE, GI, and MS drums.
1.0 Purpose : To provide a documented procedure for cleaning of HDPE, GI, and MS drums.
2.0 Objective : To provide a procedure for cleaning of HDPE, GI, and MS drums.
3.0 Scope : Procedure for cleaning of HDPE, GI, and MS drums of -----pharmaceutical Ltd,
4.0 Responsibility :
· Primary: Production chemist.
· Secondary: Production Officer.
· Rub all the oily & sticky contents from the drum with the help of PP pipe covered lower part with cotton waste dipped in water.
· Clean the drum with potable water by rolling the drum in an open area or by shaking t0.he drum.
· Rinse the drum twice with potable water and removed water from the drum.
· Removed all the residual water from the drum.
· Then wash the drum with 3L of Acetone/Methanol by rolling or by shaking then drum in open area.
· Removed all the residual solvent.
· Finally rinse the drum with 2L of same solvent.
· Dry the drum with air.
· Label the drum as “CLEANED”.