Monday, November 29, 2010
Handling of Hazardous, Inflammable and Corrosive Chemicals
1.0 Purpose : To provide an instruction for handling of hazardous, inflammable and corrosive
2.0 Objective : To provide a documented procedure for handling of hazardous, inflammable and corrosive chemicals.
3.0 Scope : This procedure is applicable for washing of handling of hazardous, inflammable and corrosive chemicals in QC Department --- Pharmaceuticals Ltd,
4.0 Responsibility :
· Primary : QC Chemist / QC-Officer
· Secondary : Overall: QC – In charge
5.0 Procedure :
· The person should be taken maximum precautions, while handling of solvents & chemicals like Hydrochloric acid, Sulphuric acid, potassium cyanide Ammonia, Nitric acid etc.
· Such chemicals should be handled in the presence of chemist or any responsible person.
· Safety gloves & goggle should be put on during the handling of concentrated acids or alkalis & any fuming or materials having higher vapor pressure.
· Organic solvents should be kept away from fire and avoid contact with skin.
· All the fuming materials should be opened in fuming chamber, which is having sufficient exhaust & ventilation. While handling proper precaution should be taken i.e. safety gloves, safety goggles etc. should be put on.
· As a precaution strictly follow the manufactures instruction mentioned on the label.